"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, December 25, 2014

And Regarding "Peace on Earth"

have you noticed the silence on the right about the news on the economy?

So, what’s the Republican reaction to the latest GDP numbers, for example?

Nothing.

Note, I don’t mean “nothing” in a colloquial sense, as if they issued press releases that struck me as vapid and meaningless. Rather, I mean “nothing” in a literal sense. I went to the homepages for John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, the RNC, the NRSC, the NRCC, and the RGA. Collectively, they didn’t publish a single word about the striking economic growth.

So, I moved on to Twitter, checking the feeds for Boehner, McConnell, Reince Priebus, the RNC, the NRSC, the NRCC, and the RGA. Again, literally nothing.

What can they say -- even "Benghazi!!1!" is a little stale at this point, and now that the Republican Congress has released its "IRS scandal report" showing no wrongdoing by the White House, there's not much left. (Oh, and don't think, "Well, it's the holidays, they're all away from Washington." They're posting and publishing on other things -- but not the economy.)

And no, I'm not surprised that we haven't heard from the great economic policy wonk, Paul Ryan. When your whole philosophy is based on bad fantasy novels, what can you say?

Given that their economic policies have never worked, and that the Democrats have once again pulled the economy out of the toilet -- well, apparently not one of them is a big enough person to just say "I was wrong."


No comments: